Join Our Team!
We are always looking for hard-working individuals who want to make an impact at WRFP. Even if you don’t see a job listed below that suits your skills, reach out - there may be a job for you that we haven’t posted yet.
We are now hiring for:
Our high quality lumber is used to build new homes, cottages, and businesses. Join our dynamic team who help build dreams (for others and ourselves)!
We have new management in place and are looking to round out our team with a solutions and achievement-oriented individual.
For this full-time job, we'll need you living or commuting to the small town of White River, ON, population 1,000. **Please do not apply if you are not interested in zero traffic jams, nor living in a close-knit, relatively remote small town in Northern Ontario. If you're not ready to trade in a postage stamp city backyard for the great outdoors as your backyard with excellent fishing, paddling, and hunting opportunities...keep looking.
The Quality and Process Optimization & Customer Service Superintendent is responsible to ensure a consistent product that meets (or exceeds) our customers' needs.
Provide leadership and management direction to all mill operations ensuring current specifications are observed to allow White River Forest Products mill to operate in optimum and control, on a continuous basis minimizing defects production in the sawmill, kilns and planer operations while allowing customers’ needs to be met.
Works closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the quality and process as well as educate/inform department(s) on any deviations. Also, act as liaison with sales to introduce new products, grades and investigate customer complaints and special requests. Conduct quality and process checks to generate weekly and monthly reports on the process performance of the equipment in the sawmill, kilns and planing operations.
- sawmill experience
- lumber mill quality control
- industrial Quality Control
- lumber grader's licence
- English (Required)
Want to make a difference in a small community? We’re always looking for qualified millwrights and electricians, among others.
Got a positive can-do attitude? Want to be paid a good wage for your work and open up doors to other opportunities? Apply to be a general labourer.
We always have jobs for the best and the brightest. We have opportunities for young and seasoned engineers looking for a challenge. Sawmill experience a plus.
To arrange the supply of quality saw logs and the required fibre volumes for the Hornepayne sites at a competitive cost while ensuring adherence to and following Corporate principles and guidelines.
Direct (accountable for / authority over):
· Organize operational forest and harvesting activities for Hornepayne, including contractors. Develops solid Work Relationship with Harvest Contractors.
· Acquire an adequate wood and fibre supply, of sufficient quality, at the lowest cost point possible.
· Develop plans and strategies with suppliers and contractors to improve the efficiency of the wood supply logistics, equipment, planning and subsequent cost reduction in the delivered price to the mill.
· Ensure sound forestry resource management with respect to cost, quality and timely delivery.
· Prepare contracts and/or service agreements with contractors and suppliers for approval by each unit and the GM/VP Forestry
· Assist in the development of a Five Year Wood Supply Strategy and 10 year operational plan to ensure adequate supply of wood at a competitive cost to mill operations.
· Develop and maintain constructive and positive working relationships with contractors, MNRF, First Nations and public to prevent or minimize conflicts jeopardizing our wood supply. Ensure operations respect the needs of other forested users.
· Ensure all activities are carried out in a fashion that respects the company’s Forest Environmental Policy as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
· Assist with submitting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports as required outlining the unit performance with respect to budget and KPI’s.
· Promote a safe workplace to achieve the best Health& Safety performance. Promptly reports any near miss, incident, equipment damage.
· Ensure policies, procedures, and applicable regulations are followed. Respect and adhere to Corporate Principles, Policies and Objectives of the Company.
· Maintain a close relationship and communication with HPL and HPI staff.
· Assists when necessary in the performance of Forest Technical Work such as but not limited to Harvest Boundaries, Road Locations and or Buffer Zones.
· Monitors and conducts Forest Compliance Audits.
· A Valid Scalers License would be an asset.
· Works in close liaison with Forestry Staff of White River Forest Products &VP & GM Forestry.
Other duties as assigned
Interested in applying to one of the above positions? Send an email to Contact Human Resources: HR@wrfp.ca with the position title as the Subject line, and include your cover letter and resume.
Please note that we are an equal opportunity employer and that we require criminal background checks and medical checks before employees are hired.
Also, look to our affiliates for other job opportunities:
www.hp-lumber.ca (coming soon)